When your Support Desk personnel are tired of fixing the same issue, repeatedly, every single day, but…they are trying to stay upbeat and positive to avoid jail time…. you end up with directions like this:
Periodically Internet Explorer will not display the Home page (www.ourhomepage.com/homepage) correctly however there is a very simple fix!
If you open the Home Page and see something that looks like this image – follow the 6 steps outlined below:
- Relax – it’s easy to fix!
- Click on the “Sprocket” in the upper right corner of the browser
3. Click Compatibility View Settings
4. Remove the Check in the box before “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View” and Click Close
5. The browser should automatically refresh and …… Ala-ka-zam!! You fixed it!! Your Home Page aka Links Page should now look like this:
6. Now, fully extend your right arm, wrap it around your left shoulder and give yourself a pat on the back – Good Job!!
If you read the full instructions…extend your right arm, wrap it around your left shoulder, and pat yourself on the back! You’ve just done more than the intended audience, Kudos!